KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA
UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES & TECHNOLOGY OF JAMMU
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Rajouri employees a team of experts (Subject Matter Specialists) from six different disciplines of Agriculture and allied sciences along with one station in-charge (Programme Coordinator).
KVK, Rajouri provides different services to farmers and field functionaries such as
• Trainings and demonstrations: Farmer’s, Vocational, In-Service
• On Farm Trials/Testing of improved varieties, fertilizer and mineral applications of crops for their promotion amongst farmers (On farmers field)
• Demonstration and promotion of use of improved agricultural implements useful in native terrain that would reduce the labour cost e.g. seed-cum-fertilizer drill
• Demonstration of cash crops like fodder grasses, medicinal plants and herbs etc.
• Promotion of integrated disease, pests, insects and nutrient management of crops in Kharif and Rabi season
• Conducting regular Animal Health Camps at villages with large animal population but lacking in Animal health services
• Providing treatment to ailing animals and guidance for balanced ration formulation using locally available feed resources for productive animals
• Distribution of improved variety seeds and improved breed poultry birds to the farmers for promotion of better crop varieties and backyard poultry production as an enterprise
• Running schemes like ISOPOM and ATMA for overall development of farmers
• Organizing Kissan Melas, Field days, Exposure Visits, Kisaan Gosthis
• Formation of farmer’s clubs and self help groups
• Farmer’s interested to undergo training on specialized subjects in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry or allied disciplines at their village may send a request letter to the Programme Coordinator, KVK Rajouri.
• KVK experts can also provide guidance to the farmers regarding starting a new agricultural, Livestock or allied enterprises, loans and subsidies available to start these ventures in etc.